SUMMARY DATE May, 2016 (this is an outdated summary). A new summary can be found here.
CIMM2, developed by Unilog Content Solutions, is headquartered in India with U.S. headquarters located in Philadelphia, PA. Parent company, Unilog Content Solutions, is a 16-year old product data company that provides product content to some of the largest B2B e-commerce companies in the world. Unilog developed the CIMM2 platform after observing large B2B platform implementations at companies like Grainger and Staples.
- Hosted and SAAS. Both in the Google Cloud.
- Built for B2B: Unilog purposefully built CIMM2 for distributors and manufacturers.
- ERP Integration: at the heart of all CIMM2 implementations is deep integration with the ERP including Infor SX, Eclipse, P21, JD Edwards, FACTS, Microsoft Dynamics AX and GP.
- B2B Business Tools: CIMM2 provides a full suite of integrated business tools for everything a distributor or manufacturer needs to control including content management, product information management, search, and e-commerce.
- Product Data: most distributors and manufacturers struggle to get good product content into their e-commerce system. Unilog Content Solutions has a large, offshore product data factory that creates hundreds of thousands of SKUs for their customers each month.
Cost: Prices start at $175k +
Technology stack: Java + SOLR
CIMM2 is a platform that should be on the top of the list to evaluate if you are a B2B seller of any size. The integrated toolset and focus on B2B make Unilog a high performing platform for the B2B market. CIMM2 provides the most value, features, and benefits in this type of investment.
Unilog also has a unique relationship with Affiliated Distributors. Companies in that community will find the combined access to content and negotiated pricing on the platform hard to beat.
- Offshore: Unilog offers very reasonable implementation costs often 1:1 to software. However, the cost is driven by offshore development. Companies considering Unilog should be prepared to work with local PMs and offshore resources to complete their project.
- Resources: Unilog is experiencing significant growth. While positive, the growth may create resource constraints and a backlog of work.